NBA 2K24 MyTEAM is the latest installment of the popular basketball video game series that offers realistic graphics, gameplay, and features. Whether you want to create your own superstar, compete online with other players, or enjoy collecting cards, NBA 2K24 MyTEAM has something for everyone. However, the game can also be challenging and overwhelming for beginners who are not familiar with the controls, mechanics, and strategies.
That’s why we have prepared this ultimate newbie guide that will teach you the best tips and tricks to dominate the competition in NBA 2K24 MyTEAM. From choosing starter packs, to leveling up your player, to choosing the right settings, this guide will help you improve your skills and have more fun in the game. Playing NBA 2K24 MyTEAM on PC with LDPlayer, you can enjoy the game using a keyboard and mouse or controller, eliminating the struggle of dealing with touch controls and making gameplay much smoother and more enjoyable. Let’s get started!
As the first thing in your NBA 2K24 MyTEAM journey, one of the initial decisions you'll face is choosing your starting team. This choice not only determines the initial set of players you receive but also sets the tone for your gaming experience. Here's a breakdown of the teams and their associated rewards to help you make an informed decision:
Philadelphia 76ers: Selecting the 76ers grants you Joel Embiid, a dominant force in the paint known for his scoring and defensive prowess.
Milwaukee Bucks: Choose the Bucks to add Khris Middleton to your NBA 2K24 MyTEAM roster, an all-around talent capable of scoring from anywhere on the court.
Chicago Bulls: Opt for the Bulls to acquire Nikola Vucevic, a skilled big man known for his scoring, rebounding, and versatility.
Cleveland Cavaliers: By selecting the Cavaliers, you'll receive Darius Garland, a dynamic guard with playmaking abilities and scoring prowess.
Boston Celtics: Choosing the Celtics rewards you with Malcolm Brogdon, a steady presence in the backcourt known for his shooting and basketball IQ.
Atlanta Hawks: Select the Hawks to add Dejounte Murray, a tenacious defender and adept playmaker, to your lineup.
Miami Heat: Opt for the Heat to recruit Kyle Lowry, a seasoned veteran known for his leadership, defensive tenacity, and playmaking skills.
Charlotte Hornets: Choose the Hornets to acquire Terry Rozier III, a versatile guard with scoring ability and defensive intensity.
New York Knicks: By selecting the Knicks, you'll receive Jalen Brunson, a reliable point guard known for his playmaking and scoring abilities.
Orlando Magic: Opt for the Magic to add Paolo Banchero, a promising young talent with versatility and scoring prowess, to your team.
Brooklyn Nets: Choose the Nets to recruit Cameron Johnson, a sharpshooting forward known for his outside shooting and floor spacing.
Indiana Pacers: Selecting the Pacers grants you Myles Turner, a defensive anchor known for his shot-blocking prowess and floor-spacing ability.
Detroit Pistons: Opt for the Pistons to acquire Bojan Bogdanovic, a skilled scorer capable of lighting up the scoreboard.
Toronto Raptors: Choose the Raptors to add OG Anunoby, a versatile forward known for his defensive prowess and three-point shooting.
Washington Wizards: By selecting the Wizards, you'll receive Daniel Gafford, an athletic big man known for his shot-blocking and rim-running abilities.
Los Angeles Clippers: Opt for the Clippers to recruit Russell Westbrook, a triple-double machine known for his all-around contributions on the court.
Memphis Grizzlies: Choose the Grizzlies to acquire Jaren Jackson Jr. to your NBA 2K24 MyTEAM roster, a versatile big man with a unique combination of size, athleticism, and shooting ability.
Utah Jazz: Selecting the Jazz grants you Lauri Markkanen, a stretch big known for his outside shooting and offensive versatility.
Sacramento Kings: Opt for the Kings to add Domantas Sabonis, a skilled big man known for his rebounding, passing, and scoring inside.
Los Angeles Lakers: Choose the Lakers to recruit Austin Reaves, a promising young talent with scoring ability and defensive versatility.
Dallas Mavericks: By selecting the Mavericks, you'll receive Tim Hardaway Jr., a sharpshooting wing known for his scoring ability and perimeter shooting.
Denver Nuggets: Opt for the Nuggets to acquire Aaron Gordon, a versatile forward known for his athleticism, defense, and finishing around the rim.
New Orleans Pelicans: Choose the Pelicans to add C.J. McCollum, a skilled scorer and perimeter threat known for his shooting and playmaking.
Houston Rockets: By selecting the Rockets, you'll receive Jalen Green, a dynamic young talent with explosive scoring ability and athleticism.
San Antonio Spurs: Opt for the Spurs to recruit Devin Vassell, a versatile wing known for his defensive prowess and three-point shooting.
Phoenix Suns: Choose the Suns to add Deandre Ayton to your NBA 2K24 MyTEAM roster, a dominant big man known for his scoring, rebounding, and shot-blocking abilities.
Oklahoma City Thunder: By selecting the Thunder, you'll receive Jalen Williams, a promising young talent with potential upside and athleticism.
Minnesota Timberwolves: Opt for the Timberwolves to recruit Rudy Gobert, a defensive stalwart known for his shot-blocking and rim protection.
Portland Trail Blazers: Choose the Trail Blazers to add Jerami Grant, a versatile forward known for his athleticism, defense, and scoring ability.
Golden State Warriors: By selecting the Warriors, you'll receive Andrew Wiggins, a skilled wing known for his scoring, athleticism, and defensive versatility.
As you delve into the world of NBA 2K24 MyTEAM, understanding the dynamics of the player market and spending wisely can significantly enhance your gaming experience. Here's a breakdown to help you maneuver through the market with confidence:
1. Patience is Key: In the early seasons of NBA 2K24 MyTEAM, exercising patience before making any significant purchases can save you from potential losses. The market tends to fluctuate wildly, and rushing into buying players might lead to considerable financial setbacks. By waiting it out and observing the market trends, you can make more informed decisions and avoid regrettable purchases.
2. Price Disparity: Each player card comes with its own buying and selling price. It's crucial to note that the selling price often significantly depreciates compared to the buying price. For instance, purchasing a player for 120K Mt might result in being able to sell it back for only around 40K Mt. This substantial drop in value underscores the importance of careful consideration before investing in a player card.
3. Pack Pricing: Understanding the pricing structure in the in-game store is vital for optimizing your spending. Emerald cards are typically priced at 7,500 MT, while sapphire cards go for 12,000 VC. Rubies command a higher price tag of 50,000 VC, and Amethyst cards are even pricier at 100,000 VC or 140 MT. Gold cards vary in price, with some available for as low as 3,500 MT. However, prices may fluctuate based on rarity and demand.
4. Value of Premium Cards: in NBA 2K24 MyTEAM, premium cards such as Amethyst and rubies are generally considered high-tier and come with a higher price point. While they may be more expensive than other cards, their superior attributes and performance on the court make them worthy investments for serious players looking to build competitive teams.
5. Pack Purchasing Strategy: When buying packs using VC, opting to purchase the entire pack instead of individual cards can yield cost savings through a discounted price. However, it's essential to note that this discount is exclusive to VC purchases and does not apply when using MT. Strategically choosing when to buy packs and utilizing this discount can help stretch your virtual currency further.
6. Set Completion Costs: Completing sets can be a lucrative endeavor but requires careful planning and budgeting. Some sets may be more affordable to finish than others, depending on the rarity and availability of the required player cards. Packs featuring higher-tier players or multiple player cards from a single team tend to be pricier to complete compared to sets with lower-tier cards.
As a NBA 2K24 MyTEAM beginner, one of the initial steps you should take is to visit the Community Hub. Here, you'll find a poll that presents you with an opportunity to earn a badge through limited word wins. This badge serves as a testament to your engagement with the community and can provide valuable bonuses for your team.
Once you've secured your badge and started assembling your team, it's time to delve into the Legendary Path. Agenda missions serve as the gateway to acquiring essential rewards that will bolster your team's capabilities in the long run. These missions cover a wide array of objectives across various game modes, encouraging you to explore all facets of gameplay.
Completing agenda missions is a strategic endeavor that offers lucrative rewards, including coveted players like Sapphire Robert Horry, who can significantly bolster your roster early in the game. Moreover, certain players, such as Horry, come with duo cards, such as Derek Fisher, further enhancing their impact on your team's performance.
The beauty of agenda missions lies in their accessibility and simplicity. These missions are designed to be achievable for players of all skill levels, making them an ideal starting point for newcomers and seasoned veterans alike. By diligently completing each game mode and fulfilling agenda objectives, you'll unlock a treasure trove of rewards that will elevate your team to new heights.
As you dive into NBA 2K24 MyTEAM and begin acquiring player cards through gameplay, it's essential to strategize your purchases wisely. Here's a guide to help you make informed decisions on what to buy:
1. Collect Cards First: Instead of immediately selling your acquired cards, prioritize building your collection. Aim to gather at least 50 cards, which you can achieve relatively quickly through regular gameplay. By reaching this milestone, you'll unlock Ruby Desmond Bane, a standout player known for his versatility and effectiveness early in the game.
2. Strategic Purchases: When considering buying players in NBA 2K24 MyTEAM, focus on acquiring those that truly align with your gameplay style and preferences. While it may be tempting to splurge on high-profile players, especially early in the season, it's crucial to ensure that the player you're investing in fits your team's needs and playstyle.
3. Explore Duos: Pay close attention to player duos, particularly those located at the lower end of the spectrum. Duos can provide significant boosts to player attributes and synergies, enhancing your team's overall performance without breaking the bank.
4. Agenda and Legendary Path Rewards: Leverage agenda missions and rewards from the Legendary Path to bolster your roster further. Keep an eye out for players like Sapphire Mike Miller, Emerald Reeves, and Gold Keith, who can be obtained through completing agenda objectives and progressing through the Legendary Path.
5. Diversify Gameplay: While focusing on collecting cards and completing agenda missions, explore various game modes to maximize your rewards. Participating in different modes not only offers diverse gameplay experiences but also presents opportunities to earn additional player cards and valuable rewards.
As for which mode to prioritize in NBA 2K24 MyTEAM, it ultimately depends on your preferences and objectives. Consider the following options:
Triple Threat: Engage in Triple Threat mode for fast-paced, three-on-three gameplay that rewards you with player cards and other valuable items.
Challenges: in this NBA 2K24 MyTEAM mode, you take on challenges to test your skills and earn rewards, including player cards, MT (MyTEAM points), and other bonuses.
Domination: Dominate the competition in Domination mode to earn player cards, MT, and other rewards while gradually progressing through different tiers of difficulty.
Online Play: For those seeking competitive matchups and real-time action, online play offers a challenging yet rewarding experience, with opportunities to earn exclusive rewards and climb the ranks.
By diversifying your gameplay across these modes and strategically managing your resources, you'll be well-equipped to build a formidable team in NBA 2K24 MyTEAM and conquer the virtual courts with style.
If you are just starting out in NBA 2K24 MyTEAM, one thing you may be puzzled with is what settings are the best. There are more than a few, but below we have listed the most important ones.
Shot Feedback: Ensure shot feedback is turned on. This provides valuable information on your shooting performance, helping you adjust and improve your accuracy.
Camera Shake: Personal preference; adjust as desired. It doesn't significantly impact gameplay but can affect the visual experience.
Action Replays and Highlight Camera Cuts: Preference varies, but turning them off can streamline gameplay and reduce interruptions during matches.
Motion Blur: Consider turning motion blur down or off entirely for a smoother visual experience, especially during fast-paced gameplay.
Vibration: Personal preference; whether to have controller vibration on or off doesn't drastically affect gameplay but can enhance immersion.
Trigger Effect: Consider turning trigger effects off for a more consistent controller feel, particularly during shooting and dribbling actions.
Shot Timing: Opt for shot timing on shots and layups, as well as free throw timing or user timing based on preference. Real Player Percentage is another option to explore.
Shot Timing Visual Cue: Experiment with different settings like set point, push release, and jump to find what works best for your shooting style. Set point is recommended for starters.
Jump Shot Meter: Turn off the jump shot meter to capitalize on the green window boost, which increases your shooting accuracy by around 20%. While it may initially feel more challenging, practicing without the meter will enhance your shooting skills.
Layup Meter: Keep the layup meter on for improved accuracy and consistency in finishing around the rim.
Free Throw Meter: Personal preference; you can choose to turn it off if you prefer a more challenging free throw experience.
Shot Meter Type: Select the comment for shot meter type for a clear visual indication of your shooting timing.
Meter Size and Color: Set the meter size to large for better visibility, and choose green as the shot meter color for clarity and contrast against the background.
Pro Stick Function and Orientation: Keep these settings at default for a familiar and intuitive control scheme.
Off-Ball Offense Mode: Set to absolute for consistent off-ball movement control.
Double Team Reaction: Manual control gives you more agency over defensive strategies, enhancing your defensive capabilities.
Help Defense Button Function: Set to double team for manual control over when to initiate help defense.
Who to Guard: Turning this off allows for smoother defensive control, giving you more freedom to choose defensive assignments based on the game situation.
By adjusting these settings according to your preferences and playstyle, you'll optimize your NBA 2K24 MyTEAM experience and elevate your performance on the virtual court.
As a NBA 2K24 MyTEAM beginner, one great resource you can check out is 2kdb. It's a website that gives you all the details about player cards, like their stats, badges, and animations. At first, it might seem overwhelming, with lots of numbers and names, but don't worry.
With some time and exploration, you can use the site's tools to understand each card better. You can even test out different lineups without spending any money in the game. It's a great way to build a strong team and improve your skills. So, if you're serious about NBA 2K24 MyTEAM, give 2kdb a try. It could help you become a better player without breaking the bank.
At the end of the day, the most important thing is to have fun playing the game. Sure, you'll encounter a lot of different opinions on Twitter and social media, especially within the 2K Community. But don't let that sway you. Not everyone in NBA 2K24 MyTEAM has a team stacked with insane all-amethyst and diamond players. What matters is finding what works for you. Experiment with different cards, find the ones that you have fun using, and build your team around them.